Sunday 4 January 2009

My Stupid Cat by artist Tony Trowbridge.

Limited edition run of 100 booklets all handmade from recycled newsprint and sugar paper, the lettering and images have been carved out of rubbers.
The happenings of my stupid cat, a six page 6x4inch booklet.
Picture this... I am on my knees in the studio starting the print run when a large bluebottle sidles up to me , it strolls over the paper I am working on, its a very cold January morning.
I pick it up on a piece of paper and extract it outside.
Several hours past and dammit doesn't the same event take place, on to the paper does stroll the bluebottle.
He is large for his species and the slashes of grey on his back indicate a great age in Fly years.
I GIVE WAY AND ALLOW HIM/HER TO STAY IN MY MARGINALLY WARMER STUDIO.
The next day i continue the print run stamping all of page three with my television image, as i open book 13 I notice a smudge on the page, looks like a watermark but on the other side is now a squashed and decidedly dead Bluebottle.
I have taken no picture of the demised fly but have circled and notated the event on the page and number 13 of 100 is still in the print run for the prosperity of the Bluebottle.
My Stupid Cat will be on sale from my Shopping Cart on my new for 2009 Website: tonytrowbridge.com

No comments: