Saturday 18 August 2007

Sratch built dinosaur sculpture by Isle of Wight Artist Veronica Grimm




Scratch built dinosaur sculpture modelled using stone (base) Super Sculpey a wire armature and some metal foil.
It took several days to actually complete and is based on a Luis Rey painting I have in my collection, the Velociraptor in the painting has been used numerous times by Usborne Books who have the copyright, thus I am unable to duplicate the actual painting and show you the accuracy of my sculpt which I feel is close.
The sculpt stands 10inches long.
Super Sculpey is quite expensive and my tip for sculpting is when you have made the armature bulk out a rough shape in scunched metal foil before commencing with the sculpey. Sculpey also has a habit of breaking at joints over time,this can be repaired with white glue and a bit of paint retouching.

No comments: