Thursday 16 August 2007

Designer toys made on hell of a cheap budget by Isle of wight Artist Veronica Grimm


From some beach debris, clay,acrylic paint and offcuts of coloured vinyl(skip).
Trying to produce prototype designer toys from recycled materials, saving the planet and reducing my carbon footprint!!!
Who's fooling who, I am just a tight wad and always loooking to produce artwork from items I find around me.
The storm beach of Sandown is just 3minutes from where I live a perfect place to scour for materials to recycle. ( I found 460 Kinder surprizes on one trip).
This series I have named Robots(I know not very imaginative), this run will be limited to the amount of fishing float things I can Find ( now I am looking they appear to have become very rare)!!!They are the basis for the robot theme being that type of head shape.
The coloured vinyl is harder to source and unless I am very lucky only a few will have this material as its base.

I have kept the paintjobs initially simple really to experiment on the coverage over the different materials,

No comments: