Wednesday 18 July 2007

Tattoo and piercing Study by Isle of Wight Artist Veronica Grimm


I read in a creativity extra magazine some years ago.
Invest in yourself. How great a painter do you think you could be if you painted a still life, even a simple one, six out of seven days per week for one year? How skilled an artist could you become if you spent that time drawing a self portrait or creating abstract art.
I took this to heart and endeavoured to do just that,not just painting but sculpture and writings as well.
Two years 6 months of creating daily has now passed. It has become such a compelling part of my life I doubt I will ever stop now.
Have I become successful. To the outside world probably not, you will not see any of my work for sale in Galleries, but from a standing start I have got this far, I now want to know how good I will be in ten years.

No comments: