Monday 25 June 2007

low brow art by isle of wight artist Veronica Grimm




FREDDY my pet! feline from initial sketch to a stone carving, then a portrait on box canvas 16inches x 16inches, what the punters would call LOWBROW art.
I would not give myself a label but lowbrow gets bounded about a lot, I think its more comiceee.
painted in acrylic.
the granite rock slice is however very unusual (what the stone carving is sitting on), it originates from Western Australia and is called orbicular granite due to the round crystalisation patterns.
I believe this is the only granite in the world to show this patternation and as yet only theories exist on how it was formed. If you look at your common types of granites which are made up of masses of crystals this one looks like exploding raindrops.
freddy stone 17 inches long carved from very hard Chert

No comments: