Wednesday 14 October 2009

failed art drop by artist tony trowbridge





spraycanned bouy left in slipway Ryde Harbour 14 October 2009. As i took the pic it slipped off and plummeted into the harbour as i tried to retrieve it i now lost my camera case between the rocks making up the sea wall defence.
i was perplexed, so much bad luck, oh but wait its not over yet in the distance i can see the harbourmaster riding his bike towards me.( you would think they would have a little boat car),
i raise my hands up and explained i am doing a photo shoot thats all gone wrong i point to my lost bouy and none reachable camera case, the harbourmaster goes off and gets a pole for dragging out dead bodies and retrieves both items for me, he looks a bit confused but goes on his way. i go home bouy slumped over my bowed shoulders.
Not every art drop is successful now all i have to do is find another location to leave my spraycanned bouy.
i prefer to leave my art where it is mistook for actually meant to be their, it stays up longer sometimes for months, no one else recognises it to be out of character with its surroundings.
See if i am successful next time.
tonytrowbridge.com

No comments: