Wednesday 22 October 2008

National Open Exhibition Quay Arts Entering Tehran by artist Tony Trowbridge

Exhibition runs from Saturday 4th October until 14th November 2008. The Quay Arts Newport, Isle of Wight. It is a contemporary art exhibition made up mostly of abstract works, I would say there was little to no urban, street or lowbrow works.
I got the distinct impression that the panel of judges idea of contemporary was abstract, this is the first time i have been accepted for this exhibition and my piece got in because frankly i do not know why, it looked distinctly out of place next to the other pieces.
Still the object is to get my work seen via any route by as many people as possible.
I have been told the tactile element of the hand crafted book went down well and gives a story as to why UK and US troops should be entering Tehran.
When I did this painting earlier in the year the war was a focal point for the news now its largely a spent force the BBC have bigger and brighter doom and gloom stories to scare us with.

No comments: