Tuesday 25 March 2008

Painting of Tiger Islands 2 male lions from on site pencil sketch.



From the pencil sketch dated 28 feb 2008, I captured Snoopy and Charlie brown watching intently the passing tourists totally unaware of the raw power these two hold.
I completed the acrylic on canvas in the studio making slight alterations from the original pencil. (24x36inches)
On another sketching foray of these two I was standing close to the fence trying to capture Snoopy ontop of the landrover but he was fidgity and kept moving position, as I fought with the line drawing my head was down making alterations, the next time I looked up he was there, right in front of me face to huge face. The gap between the fence and the public here is very close and we were almost touching.
He stared into my eyes for almost 2 minutes and I could sense his superiority over me, however I was intent on sketching it all down and therefore did not waver my stare, this was not going down very well with Snoopy.
Eventually he moved away with a huffy roar and tail wag.
I heard that when they roar the sound waves can vibrate your internal organs, which makes you freeze for a second, enough time for a kill, like a rabbit in headlights. I am glad on that day he did not roar.

No comments: