Tuesday 26 February 2008

Tiger Island. Isle of Wight. Painting Life Study


Drawing and Painting of Ranthambore National Park Enclosure, Isle of Wight Zoo.
Original pencil sketch was taken on the 20th February 2008, approx started 2pm, took around an hour to complete. Nice sunny afternoon, half term, so there were quite a few people around but once I got into the drawing I was able to talk and sketch at the same time. I was surprized how many people came over and chatted, If I was reading a book or just day dreaming I am sure no one would have approached me. funny world.
From the pencil sketch I completed a painting in the studio. Acrylic on box canvas, 28 x 38 inches.
The tigers were not in the original pencil but the poses were true to my memory. Diamond the male Indian tiger was watching the people playing golf at Browns Golf Course. Immeadiately behind the enclosure whilst Aysha the female slept .
The painting took 4 days to complete.

No comments: