Monday 22 October 2007

Isle of wight radio kill all wasps by veronica grimm


Every year for as long as I can remember isle of wight radio without fail run a summer commentary on "Kill all Wasps" followed by "what use are wasps, kill them all".
Every year this riles me and then I switch to another channel for several months , last time I was away for nearly a year.
Why should people in positions of power with a population of devout followers put their own agendas on air.
I like wasps, they do a good job in the gardens keeping the bug population down.
Without lower order ! species, us supposedly higher order species could not suvive.
I managed to do a quike sketch of little sting as he tried to manoeuvere over a bacon butty, the shocked look on his face followed by puzzlement as I smiled and allowed him a morsal without gyrating around with a rolled up paper, screaming loudly.
He flew away happy!!!!!!
lowbrow art 10 x 14 inches acrylic on canvas.

No comments: