Thursday 10 May 2007

isle of wight seascape live studies by local artist











I appear to be unable to adjust the type position so I appologise if its out of sink.
The last week has been a bit frantic, I was exhibiting my Local seascapes at St Helens Restaurant in St Helens Isle of Wight. Over Easter I sold out my second group of Acrylic live Studies, this meant I had to get down the beach and do some more painting, the best time is early morning preferably in a storm. No one around and you get the whole beach to yourself.
I paint quickly in acrylic very thickly and with gusto usually on canvas but if I find beach salvage that will do, most are framed in the driftwood I find on the beach, its my way of helping to keep the beach clean.
I love painting my Sci-fi /urban art/women but these at the moment do not bring in the money I need to survive as a struggling artist. So onward with the seascapes. I have just hung a further twelve large paintings at St Helens and have now got 4 more canvases ready to paint.

No comments: